Measures aimed at guaranteeing basic means and resources for less favoured people.
Programmes meant for families taking care of elderly people, aged people living on their own, in residential care or getting homecare, amongst others.
Programmes catering to families with minors.
Information and advice concerning dependent people and their state and situation.
Guidance, counselling, information and support services for women.
Pedagogical advice Specialized care for children and their families.
The Social Services Department will give you advice and help regarding the following procedures and paperwork:
- Applying for a disability certificate
- Getting information about the advantages of the above mentioned certificate.
This service caters to immigrants, emigrants and refugees.
On the part of the Town Hall Social Service Department, no direct intervention is undertaken in the field of substance or non-substance addictions, although such work is coordinated with other agents and bodies which do.
Our action patterns in this sense are as follows:
- Counselling about the use and abuse of toxic substances.
- Presenting the relevant units available to the users of such substances.
- Coordinating the efforts of social and healthcare staff so as to know where to refer different cases and users.
- Family counselling on what steps and measures to follow before a treatment is started.